DSBOX-TX2NX Industrial Input-Output Interface Tutorial
1- The pinout of I/O connector
2- Example of an input application
3- Example of an output application
OS: JetPack 4.5.1 (L4T-32.5.1)
This blog post is suitable for:
• NVIDIA Jetson TX2 NX SOM with DSBOARD-NX2 (Rev. 1.1) Carrier Board
• DSBOX-TX2NX ( industrial fanless box PC with NVIDIA Jetson TX2 NX)
In this blog post, we will test the IIO (Industrial Input Output) interface of DSBOX-TX2NX.
First, let's look at the IO connector. On the connector, there are 3 isolated outputs, 2 isolated inputs, and 1 isolated ground. When using IIO, always double-check which ground pin you are using. You should use the isolated ground for IIO applications.
Digital IN0 Test
Find sysfs equivalent of the connected input pin from the table. For this setup it is gpio-248. After proper hardware connection, we can continue with the software side.
Set gpio248 (DIGITAL_IN0) as input and read sensor value. To do this, you could use the commands below.
• sudo echo 248 > /sys/class/gpio/export
• sudo echo in > /sys/class/gpio/gpio248/direction
• sudo cat /sys/class/gpio/gpio248/value
Digital OUT0 Test
Find sysfs equivalent of the connected output pin from the table below. For this setup it is gpio-252. After proper hardware connection with industrial LED, we can continue with the software side.
Then set gpio252 (DIGITAL_OUT0) as output and control light state. To do this, you could use the commands below.
• sudo echo 252 > /sys/class/gpio/export
• sudo echo out > /sys/class/gpio/gpio252/direction
To short Output
• sudo echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio252/value
To open Output
• sudo echo 0 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio252/value
Thank you for reading our blog post.
If you want to get updated on new blog posts, product launches and discounts, you can fill out the form and sign up for our newsletter. By signing up, you can reach various blog posts about AI, deep learning, machine vision, high-speed cameras, and industrial interfaces.
You will receive a "free shipping" code for next purchase immediately.